Zero Carbon Britain: Making it Happen!
Tues 5th – Thurs 7th Sept 2017.
Course starts at 10am and ends at 2pm on the Thursday.
Course fee (not including food and accommodation) :-
Standard £100, Low waged / Concessions £70.
Food and Board options are available.
An in-depth introduction to CAT’s latest Zero Carbon Britain research, offering a robust, evidence-based scenario that explores ways we can deliver a climate positive future, whilst also maintaining a modern lifestyle.
The course also covers how Zero Carbon Britain can be successfully used as a powerful tool for groups and individuals to inspire positive action, stimulate debate and build consensus in their communities and places of work.
The course is aimed at Local Green Groups, Transition Towns, FOE groups, CAT members, activists etc.
Participants will leave with:-
• Overview of the key environmental challenges
• Long term perspective on relationship between human beings and energy
• Detailed introduction to the ZCB scenario and how it meets climate challenges
• Detailed session on energy modelling and land-use/diets
• How ZCB can offer an national perspective to local action
• Suggestions on how ZCB has been used as a tool for local groups
• Training on how to use/present ZCB.
• Exploration of zero carbon scenarios from other parts of the globe.
Please note that a session runs until 9.30pm on Wednesday evening.
The course fee does not include food or board.
Fees Course fee – Standard £100, Low Waged/Concession £70.